It’s time to get comfy and cozy with a delicious bowl of cheese and broccoli soup! This recipe is pretty easy to prep and execute. It is a great meal to make quickly before relaxing by the fire during fall or wintertime, or as an appetizer before dinner.
If you want to spice things up a little bit, you could add in some jalapeno peppers or pepper jack cheese.
Yields 4 servings of Broccoli and Cheese Soup.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
1. Pre-heat the pot on the stove. In the pot, place the onions, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Sauté on medium until the onions are clear.
2. Sprinkle xanthan gum over the butter and onions. Stir in the chicken broth.
3. Put the broccoli in the pot. Ensure the vegetables are coated with broth mixture.
4. Quickly stir in the cream. Stir frequently so the xanthan gum mixes in and thickens. Stir frequently to add soup to a boil.
5. Slowly begin whisking the cheese into the pot.
6. Spoon into bowls. Top with more broccoli and cheese!
This makes a total of 4 servings of Broccoli and Cheese Soup. Each serving comes out to be 418.85 Calories, 38.68g Fats, 5.62g Net Carbs, and 12.45g Protein.
|Keto Broccoli and Cheese Soup||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|1 tablespoon butter||102||12||0||0||0||0.1|
|1 small onion||26||0.1||6.1||0.8||5.3||0.8|
|2 medium garlic cloves||8.9||0||2||0.1||1.9||0.4|
|½ teaspoon xanthan gum||10||0||2||2||0||0|
|½ cup chicken broth||7.5||0.3||0.6||0||0.6||0.8|
|1 cup broccoli, chopped||27||0.3||5.6||2.6||3||1.9|
|1 cup heavy cream||809||86||6.5||0||6.5||6.8|
|1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese||685||56||5.2||0||5.2||39|
Recipe by ruled.me