When I was growing up my favorite dessert was my moms’ zebra brownies. They were always from a box, and it was a treat because it was like two desserts in one: brownie base stuffed with creamy cheesecake filling! I can’t believe it took me this long to make this decadent treat because once I did, I realized it’s so simple.
This recipe is a spin-off from my favorite keto flourless brownie recipe with a few adjustments. Because the cheesecake filling offers a bit more moisture and weight, the brownie base needed to be more substantial. The addition of almond flour gives this dessert just enough structure to stand up to creamy pockets of cheesecake while still being fudgy and a little gooey!
When baking these brownies, keep in mind the heat of your oven. Temperatures and cook times vary a lot depending on your oven so watch these carefully and bake them until they are firm on the edges but just slightly soft at the center. It shouldn’t jiggle much, but the center will not be firm. Once the brownies begin to cool the center will set correctly.
Yields 16 servings of Keto Cheesecake Stuffed Brownies
For the Filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup granulated erythritol
- 1 large egg
For the Brownie
- 3 ounces low carb milk chocolate
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated erythritol
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup almond flour
1. Heat oven to 350F and line a brownie pan with parchment. Make the cheesecake filling first by beating softened cream cheese, egg for the filling, and granulated sweetener smooth. Set aside.
2. Melt the chocolate and butter at 30-second intervals in the microwave, frequently stirring until smooth. Let cool slightly while you prepare the brownie.
3. Beat remaining eggs and sweetener on medium until the mixture is frothy.
4. Sift in the cocoa powder and almond flour and continue to beat until thin batter forms.
5. Pour in melted chocolate and beat with the hand mixer on low for 10 seconds. The batter will thicken to a mousse-like consistency.
6. Pour ¾ of the batter in the prepared pan, top with dollops of the cream cheese, then finish with the remaining brownie batter.
7. Using a spatula, smooth the batter over the cheesecake filling in a swirling pattern.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the center is mostly set. It may jiggle slightly but once you remove it from the oven it should firm completely. Cool before slicing!
This makes a total of 16 servings of Keto Cheesecake Stuffed Brownies. Each serving comes out to be 143.94 Calories, 13.48g Fat, 1.9g Net Carbs, and 3.87g Protein.
|Keto Cheesecake Stuffed Brownies||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|8 ounces cream cheese||794||78.11||12.52||0||12.52||13.95|
|3/4 cup granulated erythritol||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|4 large eggs||286||19.02||1.44||0||1.44||25.12|
|3 oz low carb milk chocolate||345||30||24||18||6||6|
|5 tablespoons butter||509||57.59||0.04||0||0.04||0.6|
|1/4 cup cocoa powder||49||2.95||12.45||8||4.45||4.21|
|1/2 cup almond flour||320||28||12||6||6||12|
|Per Servings (/16)||143.94||13.48||3.9||2||1.9||3.87|
Recipe by ruled.me