Cooking with herbs can be very intimidating, especially if you are looking for a quick and easy keto meal, but adding some fresh flavor to your salad is so easy! All it takes is a tablespoon or two of the right herb to elevate your lunch salads from run-of-the-mill to OMG.
I am OK with a plain chicken salad using the right dressing, but add a dash of rosemary and you will actually see me get excited to eat this meal on repeat. Plus, it’s so easy to make something as simple as a chicken salad seem like fine dining when it is paired with so many beautiful fresh veggies and a light and bright vinaigrette. The addition of creamy avocado and slices of zesty purple onion are just enough to compliment the aromatic rosemary that is sprinkled throughout.
This salad is easily made in large portions and can be used all week or served as a family-style lunch or dinner! You can even make the dressing ahead of time and just give it a shake when you are ready to eat!
Yields 6 servings of Rosemary Chicken Salad with Herb Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped rosemary
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 21 ounces chicken breasts
- 6 cups spring mix salad
- 10 (170 g) cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ medium avocado, sliced
- 1 ounce sliced purple onion
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
1. Finely chop the rosemary. Half will be used to make the vinaigrette while the other will season the chicken.
2. Make the vinaigrette by combining oil, vinegar, garlic paste, mayonnaise and rosemary in a jar with a lid.
3. Seal the jar and shake vigorously to combine. Set aside while you prepare the chicken.
4. Sprinkle the chicken with the rest of the rosemary and a pinch of salt and pepper.
5. Heat a skillet to medium and cook the chicken for about 20 minutes, turning halfway through. Make sure the chicken is cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F.
6. Set the chicken aside to rest.
7. Assemble the salad on a large platter or in individual bowls with a base of spring greens followed by the cherry tomatoes, sliced onion, and avocado.
8. Slice the chicken and place on top of your salad. Sprinkle with Parmesan and drizzle with dressing.
This makes a total of 6 servings of Rosemary Chicken Salad with Herb Balsamic Vinaigrette. Each serving comes out to be 338 Calories, 24.7g Fat, 2.2g Net Carbs, and 23.8g Protein.
|Rosemary Chicken Salad with Herb Balsamic Vinaigrette||Calories||Fats(g)||Carbs(g)||Fiber(g)||Net Carbs(g)||Protein(g)|
|2 tablespoons finely chopped rosemary||22||1||4.23||2.8||1.43||0.32|
|½ cup olive oil||955||108||0||0||0||0|
|¼ cup apple cider vinegar||13||0||0.56||0||0.56||0|
|¼ teaspoon garlic paste||1||0||0.23||0||0.23||0.04|
|1 tablespoon mayonnaise||94||10||0.1||0||0.1||0.1|
|21 ounces chicken breasts||712||15.54||0||0||0||133.48|
|6 cups spring mix salad||25||0||4.91||3.3||1.61||1.64|
|10 (170 g) cherry tomatoes, halved||31||0.34||6.61||2||4.61||1.5|
|½ medium avocado, sliced||114||10.48||5.88||4.6||1.28||1.33|
|1 ounce sliced purple onion||11||0.03||2.65||0.5||2.15||0.31|
|2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese||42||2.73||0.34||0||0.34||3.79|
|1 teaspoon pepper||6||0.07||1.47||0.6||0.87||0.24|
Recipe by ruled.me